Shop Local Day is November 24 | Arts & Culture
Thanksgiving is a time for food and family for most of us and for a whole lot of people it is also a reminder that Christmas is just around the corner and that means shopping.
There is so called Black Friday, then Cyber Monday and a whole host of sales on everything from Ipods to pillows from now until after holiday.
But on Saturday Nov. 24 there is a nation wide movement to "shop local" and what this means can be summed up by another phrase "live where you live", in the city of Memphis we have many local business that could use your support from coffee to bicycles to of course barbecue.
So remember that while you might score some great deals at that big name store try to stop by on the way home for a meal or maybe a gift for a loved one from a local business that works hard to keep our communities thriving!
Top Collierville Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Sudden storm sweeps through Shelby Co.
- Farmer's Market is ripe for picking
- Advisory opinion: Cordova residents do not have legal authority to demand De-annexation referendum
- Neighborhood Watch Block Party being held in Lakeland Community
- Neighbors of Isaac Hayes' former mansion upset over lack of action