Rash of auto burglaries hits Shelby County | Crime
(WMC-TV) – Investigators say they need the public’s help catching the crooks responsible for a rash of nighttime car burglaries.
The thieves have burglarized unlocked cars and have even pried out the windows of vehicles, according to Chip Washington, spokesman for the Shelby County Sheriff’s Office. Investigators say the criminals have broken into vehicles that were parked on the street and others that were parked in driveways.
Deputies say the men have stolen cell phones, purses, computers, cash, credit cards and even rims from the cars.
Vehicles have been broken into at the following locations:
- 8000 block of Lowrance
- 9200 block of East Shelby Drive
- 5000 block of Laurel Lake Drive East
- 4900 block of Bronze Cove
Fortunately, a surveillance system caught the crooks as they ransacked a victim’s car in on Ivanhoe Forrest Cove recently.
If you recognize the men in the photos, or know anything that might help investigators solve these crimes, call Crime Stoppers at 528-CASH.
Copyright 2012 WMC-TV. All rights reserved.
Top Collierville Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Farmer's Market is ripe for picking
- Advisory opinion: Cordova residents do not have legal authority to demand De-annexation referendum
- Neighborhood Watch Block Party being held in Lakeland Community
- Neighbors of Isaac Hayes' former mansion upset over lack of action
- Kids to make difference at humane society summer camp