Candidates debate for Collierville's prospective municipal school board | Politics
Candidates who are running for Collierville's prospective municipal school board debated Tuesday night on why they should be elected.
Opinions were expressed by 13 candidates running for five school board positions.
14 running candidates are listed below, but only 13 participated in the debate.
- Position 1: Kevin Vaughan and F. Auston Wortman III
- Position 2: Wanda Chism, Margaret Kasperbauer, Derrick McNeal, Cathy Messerly and Asit Patel
- Position 3: Pam Hathaway, Carr Kelsey and Jan Speare
- Position 4: John Mark Hansen and Vivian Jones
- Position 5.Wright Cox and Curt Fields
It was the second debate held at Collierville High School, candidates for mayor and aldermen had a debate Oct. 2.
The questions were construed by the Memphis/Shelby County League of Women Voters.